If viewing this page from within MayCAD, press
key to close the window
Jan. 03, 2019
- Fixed Move/Copy with type in for INCH scenes. Requires decimal inch input
- Corrected weight calculation of slot covers.
- Added "Shrink/expand contour" context menu for rectangular and contour panels.
- Out of market parts now allow selection of "Model" combobox in PROPERTIES window to change the part for the one available in the current market. This is especially useful for panels.
- Changed the way the out-of-market parts are handled. Users are warned of missing parts even if the market is the same, works better for old/discontinued parts.
- On Dark and Blue UI schemes, the file title was moved from the 3D area to the main window title bar. Similar to "native".
- Fixed "Shrink/expand" contour tool, in some cases, it worked exactly opposite of the desired result.
- "Edit Connectors" tool now handles face mounted panels with corner cuts.
- Fixed memory leaks in measure and distance ruler rendering.
- Added "Disclaimer" filed to user profile. Disclaimer is placed on the first page of the BOM. It is specific to user PC and is not saved with the scene.
- "dealer submission" ZIP function now checks access to the BOM PDF file to ensure that it can be overwritten.
- Minor visual improvements to "Contour panel" tool, distance rulers always displayed and angle value is easier to see.
- Improved "Slot panel" tool to better handle asymmetrical profiles, such as wall system 60x57 and segment 30/45/60 degree.
- Fixed Move/Copy operation sometimes reported erroneous intersections (Red profiles)
- Improved internal parts handling to avoid cryptic user messages.
- Changed processing of panel drillings for DXF output, hinge holes were drawn wrong in many cases
- Added BOM Position indication to the entity tooltip when cursor hovers above a part.
- Changed dimension processing of the BOM "Multiview" page to include bounds of the mitered profiles, they were ignored before.
- Improved E-trinking profile end caps handling and render, each cover now includes self-tapping screws for mounting.
- Changed handling of automatic backups. Added "Open last available backup file" link button to the startup dialog
- Internal: Added fdentitywithsubcomponents.py, used by accessories and covers
- Added VB5 code for zero H-slot, experimental. Fits 1.31.4HMx T-nuts
- Minor improvement for BOM parallel connector machining drawings, holes are easier to see. Added hole drawing scaling.
7.007 and Legacy 7.007-L
Oct. 29, 2018
- Fixed slot panels on zero-slot. Panel is no longer expands into the profile
- Fixed bore/counterbore issues with parent profile detection
- Improved Contour panel hint geometry visibility
- Safetied a crash condition in "Rectangular panel" tool zone correction
- "Wall" tool was missing dimension values in uninitialized state
- Fixed BOM subtag generation for VB milling and cross-bores
- Corrected bounding geometry of 60x57 and 60x117 glass profiles (reported erroneous intersections)
- Changed roller track roller models, diameters were slightly larger than indicated in catalog
- Internal: Added _roller_track_data_manager to avoid hard coded constants.
- Added "Primitive" concept to emulate boxes placed on shelves and roller tracks. Available under "Accessories"
- Expanded "Move" arrows. For entities that are not axis aligned, select an entity, press Ctrl key and the move grips will be aligned in entity coordinate system. Same as MayTube.
- Added CYLINDER primitive
- Internal: Export function now supports Primitive types (Cube and Cylinder)
- Fixed countersinks on textured panels in DXF output
- Corrected behavior of the "CHOOSE MODEL" window to always keep title bar visible and avoid unnecessary automatic moves/resizing.
- Fixed cross/counter bore projection to nearby profiles.
- Assigned correct end caps to 1x2" profile
- Corrected depths of drills in exported drawings by +1 mm
- Added panel shrink/expand function to contours of custom "Contour Mounted" panels.
- Added a check for scene measure items, PNG screenshots with dimension labels. Corrupt entries caused BOM generation failures.
- Added cleanup of grooves geometry when changing profile model from grooved to plain.
- Added stainless universal and standard connectors
- Removed a network error message when bug report is sent. Reports are actually sent, the message was wrong.
- Fixed cover cap duplicate copy when a profile with end caps is copied.
- Extended "Crossbushing direction" operator to support mitered connections
- Safetied a crash condition on load of out-of-market panels
- Added 10 lift-off hinges from 1.62.348.xx group. Automatic handling of "Left/Right" hinge is not yet complete. User can select the hinge and change it's model according to orientation.
- Minor cleanup of the "Door" tool, created "default" hinge picker to make the choice more consistent across profile groups.
- Left/Right hinges now draw their wings in different colors for easier side verification
- Added door panel maximum size validation. Message is presented to the user to edit the door if the panel(s) is too large. If ignored, a note is added to the panel's BOM description.
- Resolved accidental object copy during the type-in move operation. "Shift" key press while typing the distance caused unwanted copies
- Release notes are not shown automatically when the patch release is launched for the first time. A "new version" message is displayed instead. "Help->Release Notes" menu now opens the browser instead of the internal window.
- Fixed a crash when saving file with special characters (like Euro sign) in scene comments. For now, the unhandled symbols are ignored. Future versions will handle them properly.
- Added ability to display same texture on both sides of the panel. Used only by "Worktop" panel for AU, right now.
- Added several AU specific parts.
- Corrected US prices for 1.19.17xx and 1.19.18xx parts
7.004 and Legacy 7.005-L
Sept. 04, 2018
- Fixed a crash on usage of 1.34.10804 and ..805 threaded inserts.
- Fixed conveyor filtering based on width and length
- Added "Weight" to properties window, shows the weight of the selected objects. Useful for estimating door weights vs selected hinges
- Added ability to extrude a new profile from mitered (sliced) profile end in 5 directions, similar to a standard straight cut core hole.
- Restored connector cross-bushing rotation away from slot panels
- Fixed end cap render. Gray covers were very dark, almost the same as black.
- Added context menu "Cross bushing direction" the tool allows for mass adjustment of the connector rotation
- Safetied a potential crash in Autosave process. Resource conflict.
- Modified "Edit connector" tool to group connector images and only change the label. Saves a lot of screen space and allows for more connectors to be added.
- "Cross bushing direction" tool now records position of the cross-bushing and retains it if the profile is moved
- Fixed 1.87.082-99 descrioptin in DE, was 9mm instead of 8
- Disabled unused image preload on startup, improved start speed
- Custom color assignment for profiles, panels and accessories. Fixed a format error that distorted user assigned colors when the design is saved.
- Safetied a crash in "Add Parts" window, when scene contains outdated part numbers
- Fixed "Radius cover" tool, highlights were missing
- Added 21.16.1.040.11.5 and 21.16.1.040.12.5 grey roller tracks
- Updated USD panel prices to reflect latest price-list
- Fixed "edit connectors" tool crash when used on panels
July 15, 2018
- Change font and aligment in "Edit Connectors" tool, looks better, but still needs a meaningful re-write
- Changed standard and 90° connectors handling, again. Please verify standard connector orientation in your existing designs after opening with the new version.
- Safetied several crash conditions related to move and stretch arrow grips
- Improved sorting in "Select from Scene" window
- Better cleanup of the Stretch operator.
July 10, 2018
- Corrected orientation of Standard connectors
- Introduced "Legacy" version for users who have problems with the current main build. Download and instructions at: http://www.may-cad.org/en/p1.htm
July 09, 2018
- Fixed "edit connectors" tool bug when used on accessories, caused a crash (in show_connection_marker method)
- Fixed "Play Demo" crash, related to new render.
- Fixed combi-profile addition for 5 mm Polycarbonate panels
- Rewrote on-screen text renderig in 3D space. This caused most of the crashes on Nvidia video adapters
- Restored off-internet functionality
- Fixed stretch arrows for profiles with mitered ends
- Introduced "Legacy" concept with old OpenGL 2.1 compatibility
- Changed export progress message generator to a safer text render routine
- Added Qt Pen decoration for text render, purely internal crap
July 01, 2018
- This version has several technical updates. New Python interpreter, new UI library and new OpenGL render
algorithm. Please report any abnormalities that you find through either "Review and quote" button or "Report
a bug..." toolbar button. We appreciate your feedback.
- IMPORTANT! As of this version the importance of video card drivers is much higher.
Please ensure that your drivers are properly updated.
- Added value of slot depth times 2 to the length of combi profiles and rubber gaskets when panel/glass is
mounted in slot.
- Connectors are now retained if a connected profile is rotated an arbitrary angle (between 1 and 90) around
its core hole
- Corrected slice operator user message about zero degree keyboard type in, "ERROR" part removed
- Fixed a bug in end cap class that caused MayTube JSON export error
- Eliminate Database dependency (IN PROGRESS)
- Fixed profile BOM grouping bug that compared the machining of the profiles. Even though the machining was
the same, it was in different order, so the software marked the profile as different from otherwise same
- Fixed the simple bore profile face position assignment in BOM. Used to call out the opposite side.
- Changed date format in BOM to international (yyyy-mm-dd)
- Added 1.31.6xxx and 1.31.7xx heavy threaded plates to fasteners tool
- Removed all database dependencies, data is now stored in binary format. This improves startup speed and
- Fixed intermittent cover cap position change after BOM generation
- Removed menu "Force database update" - no longer actual
- Removed PG50 corner pieces from available installation parts
- Interim fix for 1.11.030100.104SP 6mm outer core hole connectors, needs feedback
- Assigned price group 3 (L) to 30x150 profiles
- EXPORT SERVER: Added export request validation to avoid duplicate submissions into the export queue
- Fixed a crash on adding quick locks with spacer washers
- Fixed a bug that created parallel connectors on the edge of the profile.
- Changed "wall profile" slot depth to 13.5 mm from 15 mm so that panels/glass are not too tight.
- File save speed improved 40 fold, files open 50% faster.
- For better pan/zoom/orbit response, connectors and fasteners are now hidden when the camera is active.
Improves mouse response by a factor of 2 on large scenes.
- Drawing models, especially profiles, load speed increased. Evident when picking a part in "Select Model"
- Minor fix for special characters in file names.
- Store visual resources in binary format, saves memory usage and improves resource load speed
- Progress indicators replaced with string messages. Faster and more clear what the program is doing.
- Reduced frequency of price recalculations to improve drawing performance
- Improved visibility and mouse hover sensitivity of the green markers in "Edit Connectors" tool
- July 2018 price-list update is included with this version
April 10, 2018
- Added user prompt to allow creation of small panels (with one side less than 80 mm)
- Panel DXF files are now generated by MayCad directly. Menu "Export to.." → "Distributor submission".
DXF files will be stored in the resulting ZIP file.
- Resolved database corrupt entry for 1.62.448.17-17 hinge model, it prevented door wizard from creating PG30
- Corrected output of design measurement notes to PDF BOM. Very small, very narrow and very wide pictures had
runaway aspect ratios. Image resolution improved at 100% PDF zoom.
- Changed "CHOOSE MODEL" window resize/reposition behavior to always stay in view, low resolution systems
used to hide entity group tabs off screen
- Measure tool now detects end and middle snap points of slotted holes on accessories
- Measure tool balloons (internal changes to the render process and balloon management, decoupled from
- Key in size and move value entry window (internal changes to event flow)
- "Settings" dialog tabs reorganized for better utilization of available space
- Internal fix of filename semicolons for MacOS
- Moved "Slope calculator" invocation form a properties window link to a toolbar button
- Properties window is now more compact
- Updated 1.41.8xx part numbers, .20 suffix suggested a 20 m ring, not a cut piece
- Rectangular 6mm panels on E3 and E4 slots, updated screws from M6x12 to M6x14
- Several improvements to dimension arrows:
- - Dimension text now has background, easier to read
- - Dimension line and text colors can be configured in "Settings" dialog, "display" tab, "Dimension ruler"
- - Dimension text font can be changed in the same area of the Settings dialog
- - Dimension arrowheads now resize themselves dynamically based on the camera/viewport distance
- Fixed: 5mm Polycarbonate panel did not accept 1.64.5101 quick-locks as a mounting option
- Door wizard "Framed" checkbox now disables "Frame type" combo when unchecked. Caused user confusion when
- Fixed: "Show hidden" button remained visible after scene close/open cycle
- Added handling of panels that have texture on one side only (ex. Black ABS) the user has an option to
specify textured side. texture is inverted by double-clicking the panel or through its context menu.
- Limited render debug tracking to gain ~8% video performance
- Disabled processing of mouse double-click in Move operator, caused irrational input values
- 3D text now handles HTML and plain text (line breaks)
- Scene file name no longer changes after "Distributor Submission" ZIP file is created
- Fixed measure tool crash when measuring within the same entity, ex. panel edge
- Improved "slot Panel" operator slot highlight and temporary panel outline (yellow lines)
- Fixed a crash in 30x30 E-trunking profile extrude
- Improved panel DXF output for non-symmetrical and single side textured (Black ABS in USA) panels. Panel
side is now considered and a note is output to the DXF to disambiguate machining directions. DXF export for
wire meshes is contour-only.
- PDF BOM is now available in German if BOM language is set to DE
- Added menu "File"→"Export to.."→"Panels in DXF format (local)" this action will export all scene
to dxf files in a specified folder
- Several changes to BOM generation due to improved German language coverage in BOM PDF
- Buttons that appear in 3D space now have "Tomato" background color to improve visibility
- Fixed texture side assignment for textured panels that are not connected to a profile
- Added highlight color to selected profiles, easier to see than just orange corner markers. Added same for
- Suppressed "Entity rotated xxx degrees" message when it was not needed.
- ! Tip ! to speed-up application start: if you are not using 3D Space Mouse, make sure that it is disabled
in dialog "Settings" →"Snaps/3D" tab. MayCad will start 5-8 seconds faster
- Removed "Parametrization" menu until the feature is better defined and is easier to use.
- Added ability to apply end caps to the profiles that do not have a predefined end cap model. Basic
algorithm for now, using only the square caps. Will be extended to support multi core hole caps. Missing
support for PG16 profiles.
- "Assembly" detail window now updates when selected entity changes, closes if the entity is deleted.
- Moved "Print View..." menu for File to View menu. Added "Fit all" and "Reset Camera" menus under "View"
- Corrected the geometry of 1.11.030100.84SP profile model. T-slot caused misalignment errors by 0.1 mm
- Centralized price/description storage for MayCad and MayTube apps. Will make future price updates easier.
- Bug fix in "Edit Bom" window related to custom BOM containing non-ASCII special characters.
- Machining data and "Exclude from BOM" state are now exported to MayTube
- Added 2 decimal places to "door settings" split ratio value boxes. Helps when working with odd-sized
- Improved initial placement of single sided txtured panels (like ABS Haircell). Upon initial creation the
panel makes every effort to position its textured side towards the user eye.
- Corrected real-time price calculation of T-slot covers
- Texture-based (wire mesh and ABS Haircell) panels now show their "Exclude from BOM" (brown) and intersected
February 09, 2018
- Updated "Stretch" tool, it now adjusts positions of parts attached to the core hole(s) of
- Resolved connector marker (blue polygons on profiles) issue, marker remained even if connection was
- Added a note explaining "Review and quote" dialog's purpose
- Improved "slot Panel" tool to resolve very small panel notches, less than 2 mm
- "Alter connection" tool now informs the user of misalignment conditions
- Added handling of "*.SCENE" file extension, uppercase used to be ignored by the system
- Added "Convert to framed" menu to rectangular panels, it frames the panel using
1.19.1423xx profiles and 1.81.23310 corners
- Updated 1.21.4E0 connector model
- Improved representation of profile grooves to increase video performance
- Amended "Edit Connectors" tool to handle new 1.11.020030.14SBP profile
- "assembly" combobox title now shows the actual part number, not an internal ID
- Created offline version of MayCad that installs with the database, further testing and critique
- Improved application startup speed by buffering the most common parts from the database versus from
- Added most of the new 2018 catalog profiles.
- Paste and Move operators now rotate selected objects 90 degrees with "G" or "Space"
- Added "slope calculator" tool, found as link on the bottom of the "properties"
widget. Handy for roller tracks.
- Updated remaining discontinued parts, alternatives found for all except 60x90 base plates and
- Improved support for German special characters (umlauts, etc.)
- Reorganized "Recent Files" behaviour, newest/latest file worked on is moved to the top of
- BOM "Profile machining details" page now shows bore horizontal location dimension.
- Added "Low Detail" mode based on render frame rate. Helps with video performance on large
- Corrected placement of fasteners for e-trunking profiles after they are mitered.
- Fixed intermittent crash when placing slot covers on a t-slot that already has another accessory
- Resolved 1.11.040080.64xx export issue, corrupt models
- Added "Show hidden" button to the main view. appears only when there are hidden objects in
- Added Cross bore and Counterbore tools to the "Fasteners" tool as "machining tab.
Only the current Q10 and Q11 machining codes are supported in this release. The tool only works with
profiles, but will be extended to panel elements in the future.
- Added machining code to profile tooltip. Next to the part number, same as BOM
- Resolved an issue when slot covers refused to attach to T-slots on mitered profiles.
- Removed export menu "XML for developers only" made no sense for the users
- BOM images for profiles with counterbore now call out counterbore dimension on one line, improved
- Updated roller track guide part numbers as per new catalog. Added 126.96.36.199.02 guide.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Dust protection (Wall) profiles: 10.11.057057.22LP, 10.11.060057.44LP,
10.11.060057.14LP, 10.11.060117.64LP had a defect in the model. These were repaired, but may cause a
conflict when designs created in previous versions of MayCad are opened in the current or future
build. If there are unexplained intersections (red extrusions) or the connectors are missing, please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- When attaching accessories to the T-slot, distance rulers now show the distance to the active
accessory hole or its center. Previous behavior was to measure distances from slot ends to the
bounds of the accessory/fastener.
- Completely reimplemented "Measure" tool, details below.
- New look: when measure operation completes, movable labels are added to dimension lines and
the from/to entities
- "Esc" key still clears the operator data and the user interface
- When measure lines are snapped to their from/to points or edges "Take snapshot"
button appears. Press that button to select a region of the screen with the mouse cursor,
selected rectangle can be saved as an image after pressing "Preview image" button at
the top of the screen.
- These measure images can be stored in the design file and shown in the resulting BOM PDF
document if "Add to BOM" button was pressed in the "Preview image" dialog.
- BOM section
Design notes (Images)
will show all images saved with the design
- BOM image list is managed via "Edit BOM" dialog "Images..." button
- Added 75 and 100 mm ESD casters
- Added 5 mm Polycarb. panels for EU
- Insert/Append row in "Edit BOM" window, row category "profile" is no longer
available. Profiles must be added through the interface or the "Add Parts" window.
- Added "TYPE 1/2" specification logic to roller tracks. Parallel roller tracks of the same
length are cut offset by half the diameter of the roller to stagger them under the conveyed objects.
- In "INCH" mode measure tool now displays dimensions in decimal inch mode, not fractions.
- Fixed a memory leak in base surface drawing when entities were added below the "floor" of
- "Out of market" panels with texture (like US black ABS) were not showing "Bom
exclude" color when opened with EU settings. Fixed.
- Removed "OBJ export" menu, outdated technology and rarely used. For tesselated exports,
use "STL" format in the export dialog
- Improved behavior of cross and counterbores when they are moved or copied between profiles
- Roller track improvements. Placing a track: no need to press "G" or space bar to rotate
the connector, roller track follows the mouse cursor. If the end of the track is left unconnected to
a t-slot, it no longer leaves a second connector in the scene.
- Restored functionality when crossbushing vs slot panel intersection is detected. Connectors now make
every attempt to avoid collisions with panels and rotate the crossbushing away.
- Fixed connector fastener creation/positioning issues when pressure plate/sliding/U-profile, etc. is
stretched or moved.